Assess The Situation
HELP 01207 693828
ASSESS the Situation
Do not put yourself in danger
· Make a rapid but calm approach.
· Assess the situation and the casualty
· Ask for a history, look for signs and ask for symptoms from the casualty.
Make your diagnosis based on the above – you may not want to share this with the casualty
· Treat according to your findings
· Arrange for after care
· Record in the accident book
assess all casualties quickly –
The unconscious casualty who is lying on their back is your priority
O ther services
N umber of casualties
E xtent of injuries